Thursday, September 28, 2006

El Camino in Fremont Restaurant Review


I went to El Camino in Fremont last Saturday with a group of friends. El Camino was crowded so we ended up sitting in the last remaining table in the bar. As we ate more people shuffled to the bar for drinks until it was standing room only. Even the outside deck was packed to capacity. Two reasons why El Camino was so crowded that weekend was because there was a Huskies game that just ended, and everyone’s favorite event called Fremont’s Oktoberfest was winding down as well. If that wasn’t enough everyone was in a partying mode because the Seahawks were playing the Giants the next day. I ordered the Carne Asada Tacos that came with beans and rice. Even though the Mexican restaurant was crowed our food was served in less than a half an hour. I took the first bite and it tasted gourmet compared with most Mexican restaurants. The steak had a great subtle marinated flavor and the tacos were loaded with several varieties of cheese. The flavor was unlike any other Mexican restaurant I’ve been to. I was surprised in a very good way with the unusual flavors, presentation, and quality of ingredients. Due to the medium as opposed to extra large portion sizes I had room in my stomach for a Dos XX Beer. I didn’t feel completely stuffed at the end of the meal. The beans and rice where also delicious, nothing too special about the recipe, pretty much a standard take on these dishes. El Camino was a great Mexican restaurant that I will go back to. I’d try to make reservations first so you don’t end up sitting in the bar; it can get a little hectic in there on the weekends. There was this one waitress working there that I swear never stopped moving in the 2 hours that we were sitting down, she definitely needs a raise! Even though the waiters and waitresses are overworked the service was top notch.

Address:

El Camino
607 N 35th Street
Seattle WA 98103

Phone:

206-632-7303

My Rating:

*****
5 out 5 stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home