Thursday, April 20, 2006

Review of Salty's Restaurant at Redondo Beach




I actually am writing a review for Salty's at Redondo Beach in Federal Way. I'm assuming there culinary experience would be similar between the two restaurants. I just dined at Salty's this evening with my girlfriend for happy hour. Happy hour started at 8:30. We arrived at 8:15 and I ordered Diet Pepsi and my girlfriend just had water. Water is taste like water everywhere right? Well, I don't know if it's the water in Federal Way, but it swelled like toilet water. Needless to say she didn't drink it. We wanted to wait until 8:30 to order so we could get happy hour prices. There was a shift change or something because it wasn't until 8:45 until another waitress came to our table and asked if we wanted to order anything. My girlfriend and I ordered the caesar salad $3.99 and the fish and chips $6.99. We were served the caesar salad with a little ground pepper on top. I might be a salad snob, but I like when the plate is cold and the lettuce is crisp. The Salty's caesar was served on a room temperature plate, the salad leaves were limp and room temperature like they had left the lettuce out. We were finally served our main dish. My first impression of the fish and chips was what happened to the food? There were two small pieces or fish and a few fries. Salty's is in Washington, it's on the water, for these two reasons I get annoyed when any fish house meeting this criteria is skimpy with portions. The fish was soggy and oily, the fries the same. My experience at Salty's tonight was a poor one and it's not even the summer time when Salty's on the water is busier. The service was very poor and the food was below average. For a restaurant that charges relatively high prices I expect a lot more. I could get this quality or food and service from a fast food restaurant. Instead of paying $31.00 I could have paid $10.00 and been just as happy. I won't be coming back to Salty's anytime soon.

Address:

Salty's at Redondo Beach
28201 Redondo Beach Dr S Des Moines
WA 98198

Phone:

(253) 946-0636

Rating:

**
2 out of 5 stars (Over, over, over, over...rated. Every time I go to Salty's it's the same thing... disappointment. The only reason I might go to Salty's again is for the atmosphere and the amazing views. The food is below average especially for a restaurant charging the prices Salty's does)

Update: 03-05-07
I told myself that I'd never ever go back to Salty's but I'm beginning to break down. I pass the Salty's on Alki in West Seattle frequently and notice there are tons of cars out in front on Sundays. Of course they are there for Salty's world famous breakfasts/brunch buffet. For only $28.95 you can enjoy this experience as well. I plan on trying it out soon and I'll definitely write about it here when I do. Link to Salty's menu here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home